Friday 22 May 2015

Sleek I-Quad Moroccan Myrrh



I am a sleek fan to the core. Sleek has never disappointed me, especially with their eyeshadow palettes and blushers. So when I saw this quad I had to try it out. 
This quad comes with three eyeshadows and a liner. The compact also has a very generous sized and useful mirror, it also has two mini brushes (sponge and angle), which I'm not too fond of. This range also has two other quads, a blue quad (limited edition) and a black/ silver quad. I decided to just stick with the brown (Moroccan Myrrh).
These quads are ideal for travelling, and at the price of £5.99 you just cant go wrong.


Swatches with no base. From left to right; Medina, Arabia, Sahara Dune and Asilah

  • Medina (Eyeliner) is a very reddish dark brown creamy product. It is more a maroon than it is brown, in my opinion. The texture is very sleek, almost an oily look and feel to it, however, not greasy. This eyeliner is a beautiful product, which is also easy to work with. The only downside to it is that the liner does not set, and can eventually fade. However, even if it does fade, it leaves a stain behind. I have also enjoyed wearing this as a cream shadow and as a base for powder shadows. Once this cream product is set with a powder shadow it sets well, and stays put.
  • Arabia is a matte cool brown shadow, very buttery and pigmented. The quality is comparable to that of MUG shadows. This brown can be used as an all over lid colour for a smokey look, for deepening the crease or a blending colour for deeper skin tones. It can also double as a brow colour for those with dark hair. This is definitely my favourite shadow from this quad.
  • Sahara Dune is very pretty cool tone shimmery taupe colour. It does have a bit of fall out and is slightly "chunky" and requires building. The texture to me is very similar to that of MACs lustre finish eyeshadows. I recommend a base for this shadow.
  • Asilah is a typical champagne with a similar texture to Sahara, and also requires a lot of building. I would also suggest a base to go with this shadow, but does well as a highlighter.


All three eyeshadows with the eyeliner as the base. from left to right; Medina on its own, Arabia, Sahara Dune and Asilah over the cream product


To conclude I would say that the shadows perform well with a base, particularly over that eyeliner (Medina), as it gives a beautiful warm, reddish/ plumish hue to the shade. As for the the eyeliner, it is a beautiful colour but performs best as a base. I have not experience any creasing with this product once its been set with eyeshadow, but its always best to use a primer first.
Arabia is the only shadow that performs well with or without a base, and is multifunctional.

So is it worth £5.99? Yes it is!

Hope this was a helpful review. 

Thank you for stopping by :)


Disclaimer: **I am not affiliated with the brand mentioned on this post. I have purchased this product myself and enjoy using it**

No comments:

Post a Comment