Sunday 11 December 2016

Makeup Geek Highlighters

I was two minds about purchasing these highlighters, due to the steep price. However, having heard so many positive reviews I decided to try a couple out. 

      Lit                                                  Midnight Sun
I went for LIT (duo-chrome) and MIDNIGHT SUN (signature). 
Lit is a duo-chrome with a slight goldish peachy-pink duo-chrome, and Midnight sun is a very warm gold.

                    Midnight Sun                                                      Lit
In my opinion these do not have the same formula as the foiled shadows. The highlighters are not as metallic.
It does take some building to achieve an intense highlight. 
Unlike Midnight Sun, Lit was a bit chalky and crumbly. 
I personally don't find them to be anything special, especially for the price, at £19.25 each.

Having said that, they're not bad highlighter and I do see myself wearing them.

6/10

1 comment:

  1. As salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu my sister in Islam.

    I write this message to you in order to appeal to your better nature as I do not believe you are inherently a bad person. I give you the benefit of the doubt that whatever malicious and cruel things you may have said to your niece and nephew were the result of your own insecurities, bitterness due to some trauma you may have experienced, low emaan, you were having a bad day, pms/pmt etc.
    Rest assured I will not allow such incidents to stop you from being around your neice and nephew. Before being my children, they are neice and nephew to you. Please try and remember this before you speak. I request that whatever abuse or mean things you wish to say, you say these things to me. Please leave the innocent children out of it. Hurting your own blood relations in this way is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    I would like to believe that your intention was not to hurt the children as you are a mother to a beautiful child yourself. Your intention may have been to get to me. I am flattered that I am of some importance to you and surprised as I barely even give you a second thought. If you must know, the children live in a hostel with me. It's not ideal and they are not happy here. This isn't something I would wish on anyone. They are suffering enough and your comments only add to their suffering. Suleiman has already expressed to his therapist how he feels ugly because of past comments you have made about his looks/appearance. I can only imagine what trauma you must have gone through to feel its ok to say such things to children despite being so well educated. Please be careful when you mock people going through hardships as Allaah can change anyone's circumstances overnight.
    I will make sincere dua to Allaah that he forgives you, heals you from your unhappiness and trauma, protects your marriage, protects you from bad character and guides you to behave more islamically.

    Dua for protection from bad character:
    Allahumma innee auoodhubika, min munkaratil akhlaaqui, wal amaali, wal ahwa. Aameen

    Dua for forgiveness:
    Allahumma innaka affuwun, tuhibbul afwafu anni.

    Aameen
    Lots of love
    Suzi ��

    ReplyDelete